Finally, a day midweek where I get to completely slow down.
I actually slept in this morning for the first time in a while, and by sleeping in I mean 7:30am. I’ve excitedly prepared myself mentally for a food coma, watching football with my dad, playing outside with my little guy, and turkey dinner at my aunt’s house complete with that lovely tryptophan high.
Yep, it’s Thanksgiving.
So, I felt today was the perfect day to be reminded of the FREE shit (as my mom always calls it).
The “free shit” is stuff that is, well, free, and always available to us. It’s the things we often overlook when life gets busy.
Here’s the free shit I’m grateful for in my life today:
- Being born in the USA. We are all so incredibly privileged, y’all.
- My breath: saving me from losing my shit daily!
- Choosing to forgive people who have hurt my heart.
- Cutting toxic people and things out of my life.
- Playing with my son and feeling like a kid again.
- His tantrums that remind me life is not always rainbows and unicorns.
- Being a mom.
- The student who comes up to me in tears after yoga and gives me a huge hug.
- My flaws that help me stay humble.
- The courage to move far away and start over.
- The whisper of my spirit that continues to show me the way.
- Pain that requires healing.
- Healing myself to heal the collective.
- Karma, for giving people what they deserve.
- The fact that I can honestly say today, “I am beautiful and I love myself.”
- The excited feeling in my guts of what the future holds.
- Not knowing what the future holds.
- Being in love.
- Loving myself.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend… Thank you for being a part of my journey, I am grateful for you! May you see the good in EVERYTHING today!