It’s amazing how practicing yoga makes me so much more aware of what I put in my body. This is something I absolutely love about yoga. After I have a sweaty, challenging practice I don’t want to eat shit food. Healthy, mindful eating just seems to come so naturally.
Your body is your temple… Be mindful when you cook and when you eat. Put love into the food you cook. People can taste it. As you eat your food, think about and tell yourself how the food is nourishing your body. Energy and the power of our thoughts are incredible.
This delicious cold salad is vegan, high in protein & so easy to make! It’s great by itself or as a side. My favorite way to eat it lately is on top a bed of greens topped with sliced avocado and honey mustard dressing drizzle… YUM! Make a big bowl and keep it in the fridge…
three ears of corn
1 can organic black beans
1 cup cooked red quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked) – protein, baby!
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 1-2 limes
pink himalayan salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) Cook the quinoa: put 1/2 cup uncooked red quinoa in a pot with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil then simmer with lid on for 15 minutes. Cool in fridge.
3) Put whole ears of corn in oven with husk on. Keep an eye on them – rotate occasionally until they turn dark brown-blackish. Take them out, let them cool for a few minutes. Take off the husks and cut the corn off the cob. Chill corn in fridge for a bit.
4) Combine chilled quinoa & corn with all other ingredients, mix it up and enjoy!
5) Be grateful & always give thanks for the little things, which are huge things to some people… like a delicious meal.
6) Always EAT YOUR COLORS & drink lots of water to stay hydrated in the heat!
Lots of Love & Light!